|Debut||Pokémon Gold & Silver (2000)|
|Appearances||Super Smash Bros. Melee, Crusade|
Pichu (ピチュー Pichu) is a Pokémon character in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Crusade. According to the national PokéDex, Pichu is Pokémon #172. It is described as a small bipedal mouse with an oval-shaped head and large, black, arrow-shaped ears. As it is the pre-evolutionary form of Pikachu and a baby Pokémon, the Pokédex explains that the electricity pouches on its cheeks are still small and not able to store much electricity yet.
Changes from Melee to Crusade
Due to Alternates, This is the first time Pichu is unlocked from the start as it was an alternate form for Pikachu in Crusade.
Pichu's Normal Moves
- Jabs its head forward, can chain into itself. Quite fast, can infinite against some characters on walls. 2% damage
- Shoves both of its feet forward. Low range and knockback, though a fast move.
- Swipes its tail in an arch above it. Very low range and somewhat slow, though sets up for aerial combos and follow ups. 10%
- A short kick. The foot turns grey.
- A basic dash attack, sticks its head out and trips mid-dash.
- Launches a short jolt of electricity from its cheeks. 17% damage (6% to itself).
- Headbutts upwards, similar to Mario's up smash.
- Quickly spins in place, electrocuting itself.
- A quick spinning tackle attack.
- Twirls in the air with its tail extending
- Flips to its rear many times, though only has one hitbox.
- Flips up and thrusts its tail.
- Releases many electrical shocks from its cheeks downward.
- Puts foe on its back and zaps him/her.
- Does many rolls backwards and tosses foe.
- Tosses foe up and headbutts them with electricity.
- Launches foe to floor and zaps him/her.
- Gets up and flips its tail.
Pichu's Special Moves
|Neutral Special||Thunder Jolt||Releases a blue ball like electric from itself. It deals 4% damage, but takes 2% to itself after peforming.|
|Side Special||Skull Bash||A powerful headbutt attack. However, character needs to have 100% percentage to make an critical hit. By other side, it has poor knockback. 24% (At high percentages).|
|Up Special||Agility||Dissapear and reappear 2 subsequent times while moving vertically, horizontally or diagonally. However, it takes 2/4% to itself.|
|Down Special||Nuzzle||Pichu charges up energy, and concentrates it onto its cheeks (does not affect battleground stats).|
|Final Smash||Thunder||Pichu summons a large thunder from the sky onto it. The contact creates two large energy waves from left and right. The descending thunder may also damage opponents. It is the only move that dosen't damage itself.|
- Pokémon Gold and Silver (2000)
- Pokémon HeartGold and Soul Silver (2010)
- Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (2014)