|Final Smash||Puff Up|
|Appearances||Super Smash Bros., Melee, Brawl, Crusade|
Jigglypuff (Japanese: プリン Purin) is a balloon-like Normal-type Pokémon. It is Pokémon #39 in the National Pokédex. In the Pokémon media, Jigglypuff is often associated with its rarity and its tendency to sing lullabies (often putting its audience to sleep). Jigglypuff remains one of the most famous Pokémon characters worldwide, having made playable appearances in all 3 official Smash games and Crusade.
Changes From Brawl to Crusade
One of the more noticeable changes made to her from Melee and Brawl to Crusade is Pound's new use. It doubles as the move Wake-Up Slap. If the opponent is asleep, you can use Pound and it will do extra damage and knockback (although if you get your opponent to fall asleep, it's usually a good time to use Rest). Other than this, she has increased mobility while using Sing, and her Rest heals her by about 8 percent upon use. Most of her other moves have stayed the same in the transition.
Ever since she was introduced in the original Smash Brothers game, Jigglypuff has been known as the classic "Glass Cannon" character. While she does have one of (if not the) best aerial games on the roster, as well as a number of powerful ground attacks, amazing recovery and her signature move, Rest, she is extremely light and easy to kill.
The one place you don't want to meet a Jigglypuff is in the air. Her aerials have very long range, often extending far past her hurtbox, and have great priority and power. One of her most terrifying advanced techniques, the Wall of Pain, allows her to drag opponents off-stage with her B-Air through a combination of well-spaced attacks and jumps. Her N-Air is a sex kick, and a relatively powerful one at that. Her F-Air has great KO power and comes out very fast, as well as hitting pretty far in front of her. Her U-Air is arguably one of the best juggling moves in the game due to its speed and favorable knockback. Her D-Air, while not a meteor smash like Kirby's, allows her to perform her absolute most terrifying technique, the Drill Rest, in which she ground-cancels a D-Air into a Rest, making the explosive hit almost impossible to escape.
Jigglypuff's Normal Moves
- Jigglypuff does two simple jabs. Can use multiple times. 3% each jab.
- Jigglypuff spins around. Appears to have little range, but high hitbox. 10%.
- Jigglypuff kicks upward with her back foot.Useful when opponent is facing away from Jigglypuff. ~8%.
- Jigglypuff does a low kick.High hitbox, low punishment. Moves Jigglypuff forward slightly. ~10%.
- Jigglypuff slides on her face.Fast, but Jigglypuff's most punishable move. ~7%.
- Jigglypuff does a strong low kick.Among the strongest Side Smashes in the game, Jigglypuff's Smash goes farther forward than Kirby's. Slow and easy to punish. ~15% Uncharged, ~22% Charged.
- Jigglypuff attacks upward with her face.High hitbox, high priority, high shield stun. ~16% Uncharged, ~24 Charged.
- Jigglypuff first spins, then use both feet to attack both sides.Short range, but has low knockback degree. High risk, high reward. 15% Uncharged, ~20 Charged.
- Jigglypuff does a jab-like kick. Long lasting hitbox. Low range. ~8%, ~12% when sweetspotted.
- Jigglypuff uses both feet to kick in front of herself in the air.Easy to use, but effective. Fast with solid knockback. Good edgeguard attack. ~9%.
- Jigglypuff punches upward in the air.Great juggling move. Slow startup time, high hitbox. ~8%.
- About the same attributes as Forward Air, except with faster cooldown and higher damage. ~10%.
- Jigglypuff drill downward multiple times.Drill effect makes it harder to DI out of. Moderate hitbox. 2% each hit.
- Jigglypuff uses air to throw the enemy away.Average knockback, high throw. 8%.
- Jigglypuff throws the enemy upward.KO at high damage. Not very useful for combos. 9%.
- Jigglypuff falls over and slams the enemy behind herself.Great starter for edgeguarding. High knockback, high throw. 8%.
- Jigglypuff places the enemy on the floor, then rolls around to deal damage.Useful for edgeguarding. Puts opponent directly in front of Jigglypuff. 9%.
- Jigglypuff gets up from the ledge and does a kick in front of her with both feet.
Jigglypuff's Special Moves
|Neutral Special||Rollout||Hold B to charge, and release to roll around and slam into enemies! You can change direction with left or right while rolling.|
|Side Special||Wake-Up Slap||Unload a powerful punch attack that does more damage to sleeping foes.|
|Up Special||Sing||Put nearby foes to sleep with a soothing lullaby.|
|Down Special||Rest||Take a short nap that restores 8% of Jigglypuff's health. If an opponent is very close, the released energy from Rest deals high damage.|
|Final Smash||Puff Up||Inflate Jigglypuff like a balloon to enormous size, then release the air to blow away all those unfortunate to be near!|
- Pokemon Red & Blue (1998)
- Pokemon Stadium (2000)
- Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire (2003)
- Pokémon Black and White (2010)